At SKINmas we use only premium products, and advanced techniques to deliver the best results possible.
Our injectors Nicole and Ro will guide you in creating a rejuvenated and refreshed ‘you’.
We specialise in reversing the signs of ageing, and individualising treatment to create the aesthetic look that you desire.
ANTI WRINKLE TREATMENTS
Relax unwanted lines and wrinkles, or just freshen up your features with anti wrinkle injections. We can treat the following areas:
As we age, our bone degrades, we lose muscle, our fat pads deplete and our skin loses elasticity. Gravity pulls everything downwards creating wrinkles and sagging skin. Dermal fillers recreate youthful structure in the face and restore volume. Fillers can also treat asymmetrical features and increase lip fullness. We can treat the following areas:
LIFTING COG THREADS
What are lifting threads?
- PDO (polydioxanone) threads – which are essentially medical sutures that dissolve over time
- Rather than PDO mono threads (which stimulate collagen to tighten skin), these longer PDO threads are COG threads, which means that they have tiny little cogs/barbs along them which engage the skin tissue to hold them in place, & create lift.
- As well as lifting, COG PDO threads promote collagen & elastin production, so the skin tissue is improved over time
What areas can be treated?
- Brow Lift/Subtle Fox – 4 COG threads are used to create a subtle Fox Eye with brow lift.
- Extreme Fox Eye – 8 COG threads are used to brow lift with high cheek lift/support and to give an extreme lift at the brow tails
- Mid face lift – 4 long COG threads are used to lift the nasolabial area
- Lower face lift – 4 long COG threads are used to lift jowls and heaviness from the jawline
- Nose – 4 threads are placed along the bridge of the nose to straighten the nose, reduce the appearance of a hump, enhance the bridge, or slightly elevate the tip.
- Neck Lift. – 6 COG threads used to tighten the skin under the neck
How is the treatment done?
- The treatment area is fully numbed using anaesthetic
- The threads are then inserted using a cannula. When the cannula is removed, the threads remain in place
- Treatment takes approx 60 mins
How long do they last?
- Results are instant, and continue to improve. with results peaking at 6 months
- Threads dissolve in around 6-8 months, with results expected to last 12-18 months
Can you have fillers and anti wrinkle done too?
- We recommend continuing with anti wrinkle treatments, however you will require far less filler and anti wrinkle than you normally would once the threads are done
What are the risks?
- Headache/pain afterwards (we recommend taking Panadol & nurofen for 24-48hrs post procedure)
- Skin dimpling (typically resolving within 2 weeks)
How do I prepare for my treatment?
- Avoid aspirin, nurofen, fish oils for 1 week prior
- Avoid alcohol/smoking for at least 48hrs prior
What is the downtime?
- No exercise for at least 48hrs.
- Please be aware that there can be significant downtime with Lifting Threads. This treatment can give dramatic results and changes and as such, you can expect a more extensive healing process than smooth threads or dermal filler. Some of the normal things you can expect while healing are: swelling, pain, puckering of the skin and “twangs” and “twinges” as the threads settle in.
- Patients must wear a face support band for a minimum of 48 hours post treatment.
A consultation is required prior to having a COG Threadlift treatment. Depending on the treatment area, you may be required to have muscle relaxants, PDO threads, or Fat Dissolving prior to having the COG threads placed.
PDO threads are used to strengthen the skin, smooth out stubborn fine lines and tighten the skin. Tiny needles preloaded with threads are inserted into your skin (after we numb the area). When we remove the needles, the threads remain in place and stimulate collagen growth. Some threads also volumize the area as well as tighten the skin. These threads can be used in conjunction with other treatments such as Anti Wrinkle injections and Filler – Even on the same day! There is little to no downtime. This treatment is not for the impatient though, as it takes approximately 3 weeks for your body to grow collagen and see results.
They can be used almost anywhere. The most popular areas to treat are:
PLATELET RICH PLASMA THERAPY (PRP)
PRP (aka the Vampire Facial) is scientifically proven to reverse the signs of ageing by improving vascular supply and collagen production. We use your own biological material to rejuvenate your skin, without the need for surgery or injecting synthetic materials.
How Does it Work?
The growth factors in the plasma stimulate stem cells which cause accelerated healing and regeneration or soft tissue. It improves skin quality, texture and elasticity, accelerates hair growth, reduces fine lines and reduces dark under eye circles.
Recommended initial treatment protocol is 3 sessions, 4 weeks apart, then just once a year to maintain.
Target areas include:
Microneedling is used for the treatment of melasma, surgical scars, & acne scars. Fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, and other scars may also be improved. While micro needling is a minimally invasive procedure, this device creates 7000 micro injuries per minute to the skin. This stimulates tissue regeneration through a process called Collagen Induction Therapy, which breaks down the old and damaged strands of collagen to improve the structure and appearance of the skin.
It generally takes up to 3 months for physical improvement to be seen, & multiple treatments may be required. When treating at a shallow needle depth you will not require any numbing, however when we treat at deeper levels you will be offered topical anesthetic.
You may experience some low grade redness and slight swelling for up to 4 days post treatment. When treating pigmentation, you may experience darkening of the pigmented areas followed by lightening.
CHIN AND JAWLINE FAT DISSOLVING
Fullness under the chin (double chin) is a common concern for men and women. It can be caused by ageing, genetics, or weight change. Sometimes, no matter how much you diet or exercise, the fullness in this area may not go away, and it may make you feel older and heavier than you actually are. This stubborn fat can sometimes be seen around the jawline as well.
At SKINmas we offer a prescription-only injectable treatment to reduce the fat, resulting in a more contoured neck profile and jawline. Some people may require 2-3 treatments, at least 6-8 weeks apart.
In-chair teeth whitening with expected results of 5-14 shades lighter being achieved. Our gel is gentle and safe. Teeth Whitening is safe for crowns and veneers although these will not lighten as much as natural teeth. The whitening treatment will be administered by one of our trained therapists in 3 20 minute sessions. One hour is all that is needed to achieve maximum results. All our products are Australian compliant and produced to the highest standards. We ask that you brush GENTLY one hour prior to your treatment.
Things to note: We cannot offer this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not have a teeth whitening treatment if you have gum disease or are requiring dental work. Teeth will maintain their fresh new appearance for around one year. Re-staining depends largely on diet and lifestyle. Smoking, coffee, tea, fruit juice, sodas all staining foods and beverages will eventually re-stain the surface of your teeth.